Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Position Supervised: None
Purpose: Towards Employment seeks a Finance Assistant to assist the Director of Finance and Administration with the management of the fiscal department including financial reporting, oversight of financial transactions, and contract compliance duties.
- Accurately prepares monthly account receivables invoicing on a timely basis for several funding sources, including contracts from Government entities (including local and federal), foundations, partner agencies and others entities as needed. Accurately processes accounts payables.
- Prepares invoices, checks, account statements, and other reports as requested (and reviews them for accuracy).
- Accurately records transactions into the accounting system.
- Processes project-related supportive services expenses and review invoices from outside vendors and partners.
- Maintains records of gas cards and bus tickets inventory.
- Reconciles credit card expenditures with the adequate back-up documentation.
- Oversees cash receipts and deposits, prepares bank deposits and distributes copies to required departments.
- Monitors and reconciles petty cash funds.
- Prepares basic reports as requested and assists with compliance monitoring of subcontractor organizations.
- Assists with benefits administration activities (time sheets, leave reports, garnishment responses, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and FSA).
- Maintains all records needed for the financial management of the organization and required for the yearly financial audit.
- Assists in payroll processing, review, and enters into accounting system.
- Assists with monitoring department budgets and developing budgets vs. actual reports.
- Coordinates and prepares pertinent information for auditors from different sources as requested.
- Compiles, sorts and file documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related field. Non-profit experience preferred. Proficient in fund accounting, dealing with governmental agencies, corporations, and foundations.
Skill Level/Knowledge of Field:
- Knowledge of Quickbooks essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and dependable, and demonstrate initiative.
- Commitment to Towards Employment mission and values.
Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with accounting and payroll systems.
If you are interested in making a positive impact in your community by joining the Towards Employment team, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401 (k), exceptional work/life balance and ongoing professional development. If you are interested in this position please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.