Position: Work Readiness Facilitator
Reports to: Director of Programs
Purpose Position currently reports to the Director of Programs, and is responsible to facilitate job readiness activities in a workshop setting and supports program participants who have multiple barriers to employment, to be prepared to seek, to secure and to retain employment. Workshop settings may include those on-site at Towards Employment offices or off-site locations including correctional facilities or at community based partner agencies. Individual should have the ability to facilitate group settings as well as to work one on one with participants.
- Promote best practices in job readiness training and content. Utilize Adult Learning and Accelerated Learning techniques during workshop instruction.
- Conduct job readiness workshops at Towards Employment and off-site locations, as requested, that may include correctional facilities and partner agencies in various job readiness topic areas to include but not limited to: breaking down barriers to success, stress and anger management, financial literacy, goal setting and time management, developing proper techniques and resources for seeking employment, job application process, resumes and cover letters, interviewing skills, job retention techniques, appropriate behavior on a job and related responsibilities.
- Work with participants to develop/update job searching documents such as cover letters, resumes, references, and thank you letters.
- Prepare training materials and facilitate group and individual sessions; Assist participants with job readiness module based activities.
- Create and maintain a positive, highly interactive, respectful and participatory learning environment.
- Actively participate on training team and plan, recommend, and develop new or improved activities; work with Director of Programs, to ensure high-quality service to all clients in the program.
- Work closely with the Training Coordinator on scheduling of volunteers and presenters for workshops.
- Work closely with other team members, communicating regularly with assigned case managers with regards to participant challenges, behavior, achievements and abilities.
- Maintain performance and attendance records for each participant and ensure the timely input of data into the agency computerized data management system. Commence.
- Input all case notes and service requests within 48 hours of service delivery.
- Attend trainings and team meetings on a regular basis.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education, Social Work or related technical field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Three years’ experience in training role related to workforce or staff development.
- Dynamic facilitation skills in an adult learning environment and the ability to use multimedia effectively; must have experience applying participatory methods and ability to address multiple learning styles; experience with online content delivery a plus.
- Experience working with adults with barriers to employment especially the reentry population.
- Excellent relationship building skills along with proven high level customer service skills with varied stakeholders.
- Reliable transportation.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work as part of multiple teams, be flexible and dependable and demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Commitment to Towards Employment mission and values.