Reports to: Director of Development & Marketing
The Development Assistant will provide administrative support for TE’s development strategies related to fund development, grants management, events, and marketing.
- Update and maintain TE’s donor database (DonorPerfect).
- Manage all data entry and ensure accurate data entry.
- Produce database reports and analyze donor trends.
- Work with Director of Development & Marketing to implement individual giving strategy and campaigns, including Board of Directors individual donations.
- Process donations in Donor Perfect and provide timely acknowledgment and follow up with donors through print, telephone or email.
- Coordinate with the finance department when donations are received.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics of donor tours, corporate volunteer projects, speaking engagements, foundation visits, etc.
- Coordinate volunteer acknowledgement and input names into DonorPerfect.
- Manage timely and accurate filing of all hard copy and electronic donor gift material: reports, correspondence, grant agreements/requests etc.
- Maintain and update grants database and provide ongoing reports as needed.
- Maintain grants calendar and communicate upcoming deadlines to program and finance staff as necessary.
- Coordinate routine funder correspondence.
- Shepherd grants process from material gathering to submission.
- Work with Marketing & Engagement Coordinator to coordinate fundraising activities and logistics at annual benefit.
- Track event registrations and auction solicitations; enter donations into database.
- Coordinate logistics for private donor events.
- Oversee and manage inventory of all marketing materials.
- Assist with production, list generation and distribution of all communication materials – newsletters, direct mail and general collateral.
- Participate in the general administration of marketing and fund development department.
- Provide support to Director of Marketing & Development in development areas.
- Act as an ambassador of TE.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to TE’s mission and values; have a professional demeanor; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven team environment with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills; have a proven record of high quality work; and be self-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience in fundraising).
- Command of MS Office applications.
- Proficiency with DonorPerfect (or other CRM systems – i.e. Raiser’s Edge).
- Available for weekend and evening engagements based on department activities.
- Knowledge and experience with the local development landscape.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to Sharon Shorts, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org