Founded in 1976, Towards Employment is a nonprofit leader in providing innovative solutions to move people out of poverty, into quality jobs and along a career pathway. Towards Employment has gained local and national recognition for achieving excellent outcomes through the hard work of its dedicated staff of 54 and a $6.2 million annual budget. Towards Employment offers a continuum of support to low-income individuals preparing to enter the workforce or looking to advance from low-wage employment while also fulfilling the staffing needs of local employers.
Position Community Outreach Specialist
Reports to Director of Program Services
Positions supervised None
The Community Outreach Specialist will develop, plan, and implement a comprehensive outreach strategy to recruit Greater Clevelanders who will benefit from Towards Employment services that provide tools to find a job, navigate life’s obstacles and secure a path towards a long-term career. We believe results of Towards Employment programming are life changing and this position will ensure Towards Employment is effectively reaching potential and future participants.
Individual selected for this role will
• Lead the participant outreach and recruitment efforts of the organization.
• Create and implement a quarterly outreach plan in response to program requirements and targeted industries.
• Schedule and conduct at least 8 community presentations monthly.
• Identify opportunities to enhance and expand awareness of TE in target communities and populations with the goal of attracting program participants.
• Develop relationships with existing and potential participant referral partners to target participants for TE services.
• Refer identified opportunities for business engagement or program partnerships to appropriate program staff, including connections for potential volunteers.
• Work with program staff to set targets for participant information session attendance, orientation, enrollment and completion rates with program leadership.
• Continually provide internal marketing staff with feedback from outreach efforts to craft, update and refine materials for targeted outreach to maximize program success.
• Track, and report outcomes from outreach efforts, referral partnerships and all other sources.
We seek a relationship-oriented, results-driven, and service-focused individual who shares our passion and commitment for TE’s mission to fill this role.
• A minimum of three years’ relevant experience in non-profit outreach and/or community organizing; staffing agency or College recruiting
• Knowledge of marketing channels and aptitude for measurement of outcomes
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, presenting ideas, and proposing partnerships within the NEO community
• Superior communication skills, including active listening; comfortable making presentations to small and larger audiences
• Team player with a collaborative focus
• Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
• Familiarity with social media platforms and implementation
Success in this role will require:
•Community Organizing Acumen – Possesses knowledge of NEO communities, service organizations, and resources for target participants. Seamlessly works across constituents to increase awareness of TE programs.
•Relationship Building – Builds and maintains effective relationships with all stakeholders, including internal staff and external organizations that can impact Towards Employment’s success and future. Outstanding ability to effectively communicate plans and desired outcomes.
• Outcome Focused – Demonstrates ability to meet targets, course correct as needed, and problem solve. Can create and implement a plan, anticipating roadblocks, analyze a situation, gather input from multiple sources, and make recommendations as needed.
• Flexibility – Able to be flexible in the face of changing circumstances or plans. Willingness to engage comfortably through change.
• Schedule Flexibility – Able work or attend events outside of traditional work hours or on weekends.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to Sharon Shorts, Human Resource Manager, email@example.com