Position: Data Entry Clerk
Reports to: Program Manager YRC Services
Positions supervised: None
Founded in 1976, Towards Employment is a nonprofit leader in providing innovative solutions to move people out of poverty, into quality jobs and along a career pathway. Towards Employment has gained local and national recognition for achieving excellent outcomes through the hard work of its dedicated staff of 54 and a $6.2 million annual budget. Towards Employment offers a continuum of support to low-income individuals preparing to enter the workforce or looking to advance from low-wage employment while also fulfilling the staffing needs of local employers.
The Data Entry Clerk will perform entry tasks necessary to accurately record young adult program participant information and services in funder, state and agency data systems, adhering to quality assurance of data in the systems. Review data entry for accuracy on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
• Enter participant data into data systems.
• Work with staff to incorporate process for receiving information to be entered.
• Operates keyboard or other data entry device to enter data into computer for up to three database systems. Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer according to requirements of funder.
• Compare data entered with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format on screen to detect errors.
• Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data to be entered.
• Deletes incorrectly entered data, and re-enters correct data.
• Investigate data discrepancies and report to appropriate staff and management.
• Keep record of work completed.
• Assist in tracking contract performance and processing paperwork for monthly billing.
• Adheres to all deadlines associated with data entry.
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• At least three years’ experience with administrative and data related work
• Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
• Strong proficiency and previous experience with relational databases.
• Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office, internet and email, experience with OWCMS and other data systems preferred
• Ability to enter data accurately
• Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills
• Exceptional verbal communication are mandatory
• Must be results-oriented, self-starting, assertive, outgoing, and willing to learn
• Ability to function with minimum supervision and with all levels of staff is needed
• Strong attention to detail is required along with strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently, be flexible and dependable, and demonstrate initiative and creativity
• Commitment to Towards Employment mission and values
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to Sharon Shorts, Human Resource Manager, email@example.com