Towards Employment (TE) in partnership with Lakewood Community Services Center (LCSC) provides an employment focused program, NetWorks, which assists unemployed and underemployed individuals seeking support through LCSC to gain job readiness skills and employment resources. The training & employment specialist (TES) will perform and carry out a majority of his/her responsibilities at LCSC located at 14230 Madison Avenue Lakewood, Ohio. The TES will work closely with LCSC staff to identify appropriate individuals for participation and on job retention. Primary duties will include job readiness workshop presentations and job club activities, including computer job search, and providing connection to appropriate resources for additional services such as Networks 4 Success (N4) training.
- Conduct intake on participants referred for the Networks program.
- Weekly case conferencing meetings with LCSC Case Manager to discuss potential participants, any challenges or needs of active participants, and review progress of participants throughout their engagement with programming.
- Facilitate job readiness workshop presentations to enhance the participants’ ability to seek and secure employment. Topics include but not limited to: job search skills; resume writing; online application guidance; motivation and resiliency coaching; interviewing.
- Conduct job club with participants that will include job lead sharing along with job search and placement with the objective for participants to secure interviews that result in employment.
- Refer individuals who have a felony or misdemeanor background to TE’s reentry services programming (N4).
- Assist participants with basic computer tasks including: setting up email accounts, attaching documents and creating job search materials such as resume and cover letters.
- Lead job club sessions where job leads are shared and opportunities discussed.
- Develop positive ongoing working relationship with community partner LCSC and the Centers staff.
- Promote best-practices in job readiness training and utilize adult learning and accelerated learning techniques.
- Create and maintain a positive, respectful and participatory learning environment.
- Work with Senior Manager to customize curriculum and develop monthly training calendar and schedule for the Networks program.
- Consistently and accurately document all participant contact in our computerized data management system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education, Social Work or related technical field; or equivalent via experience and education combined.
- Three years’ experience in training role preferably related to workforce or staff development.
- Facilitation skills/experience in an adult learning environment; uses multimedia effectively; must have experience applying participatory methods and ability to address multiple learning styles.
- Experience working with adults with barriers to employment preferred.
- Excellent relationship building and proven customer service skills with varied stakeholders.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with entering data in a relational database and entering case notes.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Commitment to Towards Employment and LCSC missions and values.
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance.
- Must be flexible and dependable, and demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (computer related equipment).
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.