Recognizing participants come to us with complex needs, Towards Employment has a long history of successful collaboration with other agencies that provide complementary services.
- We embed our services in other programs to serve targeted populations or to serve a different geography
- Pre-release services to half-way houses (including Oriana House) and the Cuyahoga county Jail
- Job clubs and 1-1 case management at neighborhood community centers (Lakewood Community Center; Cuyahoga Public Housing Authority)
- Soft skills training component of a broader technical training (New Bridge Center for Arts and Technology, a Manchester-Bidwell replication)
- We engage other providers to enhance our internal programming:
- Substance abuse prevention education
- Financial literacy
- GED services
- Parenting skills
- TE builds more holistic programming by leading collaborative initiatives
- TE coordinates WorkAdvance, a regional sector specific career pathway program; WorkAdvance partner agencies include: Compass Family and Community Services; Center for Families and Children; Ohio Means Jobs – Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana counties; Ohio Means Jobs – Cleveland-Cuyahoga County; WIRE-Net; MAGNET; The Center for Health Affairs; and multiple other education, training and business partners throughout the region.
- TE is also a partner in the Greater University Circle Wealth Building Initiative (GUCI), focusing on the “hire local” component; as part of this work, TE has developed a highly success local hire model with University Hospitals that is now being replicated across other employer partners.
- TE coordinates TalentNEO, a regional skills-based approach to attracting, screening, and hiring qualified candidates in partnership with Ohio Means Jobs, MAGNET, The RITE Board , Project Learn of Summit County, The Literacy Cooperative of Greater Cleveland and a wide variety of implementation partners.
Additional partner agencies include
- ABLE: Adult Basic Literacy
- Cleveland Neighborhood Progress
- Cleveland Housing Network
- College Now
- Neighborhood Housing Solutions
- Neighborhood Connections
- Ohio Means Jobs
- Recovery Resources
- Tri-C Workforce Training
Over 300 businesses rely on TE annually as a source of reliable talent. TE has a dual customer approach; ensuring programming is informed by industry demand and responsive to the hiring needs of local businesses. TE partners with industry clusters or groups of employers to develop strong talent pipelines to meet their hiring needs. TE partners with individual employers to develop internal career pathways, front line supervisory training, and other policies and programs that enhance retention, diversity or staff advancement strategies.